Web Developer, Linux Hacker and Educator
Greater Minneapolis Area, Minnesota, USA
- Python, Bash, C++, Java, Scratch
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, SQL Server
- Linux, Git, Vim, CLI, GTK+, Qt, WordPress, Jenkins, Drupal, Jekyll
2014–Present: Web Developer, St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN.
- Web Design and Development
- Designing and implementing a responsive template for stolaf.edu
- Creating and maintaining custom websites and Cold Fusion apps
- Migrating legacy websites and apps to modern equivalents
- Assisting the marketing team in designing and implementing unique and attractive modern landing pages
- Systems Administration
- Administrating multiple multi-site WordPress installations
- Administrating a Cold Fusion instance
- Managing several PostgreSQL databases, and their integration’s with Cold Fusion apps
- Migrating legacy Windows apps, databases, and scripts to Linux servers
- Google apps administration and data recovery
- Working with Faculty, Staff, and Students on various projects
- Setting up WordPress sites, themes, and content
- Creating conditional logic based data entry forms
- Assisting at the help desk as needed
2015–Present: Programming Teacher, Contractor, Arcadia Charter School, Northfield, MN.
- Educating students grades 6-8th fundamental logic, computing and programing concepts
- Assessing performance and scaling coding plans accordingly
2013–Present: Freelance and Volunteer Software Hacker.
- Webmaster – Web Design, Development, and Administration
- Personal Website – mthx.org
- Games and Geek – gamesandgeek.com
- Northfield Linux User Group – norlug.org
- Northfield Citizens Online – northfield.org
- The Quill and Blade – quillandbladestore.com (Store Now Closed)
- Piggy Bank (formerly Budget) – Personal finance application built for the Gnome desktop
- Communicator – Chat application and VBulletin user administration application built for a gaming community
- Additional free and open source projects – mthx.org/projects
2013–2014: Software Contractor.
- PTC, Blaine, MN – Server side Java and C++ developer and build master
- Core application systems and security feature work
- Performance testing and optimization
- Upgrade and maintain continuous integration servers
- X by 2, Farmington Hills, MI – Data analysis for the medical insurance industry
- Creating and Scripting MS SQL databases and designing Excel reports using SSIS
- Design and implement smoke tests
- Design and implement data analysis procedures
— Activities and Organizations
2013–Present: Northfield Linux User Group, norlug.org.
2013–Present: Coffee House Coders, Northfield Chapter.
2015–Present: Coder Dojo, Northfield Chapter.
2013–Present: Technical Meetups, Various.
Attendee and Occasional Presenter
2014–2016: Northfield Citizens Online, northfield.org.
Board Member and Technical Expert
2007-2012: Studied Computer Science, Information Systems and Music Education.
Wartburg College, Southeast Missouri State University